Saturday 8 December 2012

Ray and Dermot's Ritzy Civil Partnership! - August 2012


Ray and Dermot's civil partnership at The Ritz was fantastic. To say that The Ritz is something special would truly be an understatement, I don't think I've ever been anywhere quite like it. The staff were great and some of the rooms we got to photograph were stunning and absolutely steeped with history.

Often, when I'm working at a civil partnership or wedding, I really appreciate the privilege it is to be there. The boys' families are spread all over the world and only rarely all get together at one time. As a photographer, it makes you realise just how important documenting these occasions actually is. One very special day, when everyone gets together to show their love and support for people they really care about.

Ray and Dermot's day was particularly emotional and I have to say, I had a real lump in my throat when I was photographing their speeches. Hold it together Matt, crying behind the camera is not a good look!

I was particularly touched when the boys were having their first dance and lots of their family formed a circle around them, it struck me how many people still struggle with being gay, like I did when I was growing up and there are so many people out there for whom it isn't an issue. Loving families of gay couples rock!













































































No comments:

Post a Comment